This position is based in our Tel Aviv office.
Kahoona is a proprietary, cutting-edge privacy preserving audience segmentation solution. We are a fast-growing early stage startup, based in Tel-Aviv, Israel and San Diego, California, with a vision of creating a sustainable digital ecosystem in which businesses can use data while truly protecting their consumers. Deep Tech is in our core nature and we appreciate new and unique perspectives - after all, we win as a team!
Backed by top-notch global VCs and prominent angel investors from Amazon, NBC Universal, Insider Inc., Verizon and SAP, we sought out to promote digital responsibility.
About the Role:
Kahoona is looking for a driven and experienced Data Scientist who isn’t afraid of challenges and gets excited by the notion of leading transformation and finding solutions in endless mines of data.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the entire algorithmic lifecycle of Kahoona's solution: data analytics, prototyping of new ideas, implementing algorithm models in a production environment, monitoring and maintenance.
- Turn algorithm prototypes into shippable products that have a significant and immediate impact on Kahoona's success.
- Work on a daily basis on some of the hottest trends in today’s job market: machine/deep learning, big data analytics/engineering and cloud computing.
- Apply your scientific knowledge and creativity to analyze large volumes of diverse data sets and develop algorithmic solutions and models to solve complex problems.
We deal with large scale, low latency, high throughput systems. Our tech stack: Python, Scala, Apache-Spark, Metabase, pyTorch, Apache-Parquet, MLflow, Snowflake, AirFlow, Athena, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes and Docker (edited)
Skills and experience we're looking for
- M.Sc. or PhD. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field
- Proficient knowledge in Python and SQL
- Familiarity with statistical modeling techniques
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with developing machine learning based solutions
- Experience in data analysis and visualization
- Proven experience in delivering machine learning solutions to production
- Possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in developing models using deep learning techniques and frameworks
- A proven record conducting end-to-end research
- Experience with NLP techniques
- Experience in developing software within a distributed computation framework (Spark/Flink)
What's it like working at Kahoona?
In a nutshell, it’s chaotic, challenging and super fun! Our tribe is extremely open and transparent and we encourage everyone to take part in building our company and shaping our culture. Anyone can contribute to all parts of our business and we run a flat management structure - with the founders leading from the front and by example. We work hard, but take the time to celebrate our wins!
From day one Kahoona was established as a global company with locations in San Diego and Tel Aviv and we work together as one family to promote our mission. We offer flexible working schedules, days off as needed, a unique perk program, health insurance and compensation including stock options.