Tech Lead Data Software Engineer
Tech Lead Data Software Engineer (Full-time)
Location: Tel Aviv Office
Kahoona is a fast-growing early-stage startup based in Tel-Aviv, Israel, and New York, specializing in proprietary, cutting-edge privacy-preserving audience segmentation solutions. Our vision is to enable end-to-end funnel optimization for B2C companies. Our core mission is to help our customers reduce overall customer-acquisition-cost (CAC) and increase sales, today and in a cookieless world.
At Kahoona, we place great importance on the value of different perspectives and believe that collaboration and innovation as a team is the way to achieve our goals.
Kahoona is backed by top-notch global VCs, strategic investors, and prominent angels from big-tech companies and industry leaders.
As a Tech Lead, you will play a pivotal role in steering the technical direction of our backend services and data platform. Your primary responsibility will be to conceptualize, architect, develop, deploy, measure, and maintain our backend services, taking end-to-end ownership of projects while ensuring the highest level of quality and reliability. You will oversee the core business logic, manage big-data orchestration, and establish and uphold high standards for our services. Our company offers a flexible hybrid work model, with a standard schedule of one day working from home and four days in the office, while being open to discussing adjustments to accommodate individual needs.
Mentoring and coaching team members is an essential aspect of your position, as you will impart your knowledge and expertise to foster their growth and skill development.
- Engage in cross-functional collaboration with experts from diverse domains, including product management, design, and data science, to achieve our shared goals.
- Lead the technical aspects of our backend services.
- Design, build, ship, measure, and maintain our backend services.
- Collaborate with software engineers to develop scalable solutions.
- Work closely with customers to understand their challenges and have a deep impact on the solutions we ship.
- Take end-to-end ownership of projects and ensure successful delivery.
- Continuously improve our tech stack and development practices.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Build scalable solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
- 7+ years of experience developing large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient in at least one JVM language.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Big Data tools.
- Experience with AWS products.
- Proven experience in leading projects and delivering successful outcomes.
- Experience in building scalable solutions.
- Knowledge in algorithms, data-mining, and machine learning.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
Kahoona is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.